racing-generation.com (text based game)

ababmxking

Hello,

a friend and I just recently learned how to code in PHP, roughly 4 months ago. We started making a game to practice PHP and have been working on it since, its grown nicely since then too. It still has like 14 or so things that we want to get done before we can call the game "Finished" but it is playable right now just not as many features as we want in it. The idea is to buy a car and race earn rep and race money and keep buying faster cars and maybe buy a unique(with real money) to speed the process up. The faster your the more money and rep you will gain. One of your goals should be to either win a Round or get to the top of one of the Blacklists. Anyways we are still learning coders and I'm sure there are some experienced coders that could find something wrong.

The Site.

Click Here

Ok so the little bit of looking around that I did, I couldn't figure out how to start anything. I tries to buy a crew but it said i dont have enough money. And I don't know how much money I have. Nor do I know how to get money. I also clicked a race link and it said I have to get in my car.... which I have no idea how to do. I don't even know if I have a car.

There are a bunch of links on the side. I'd say condense them, and also have a few quick start links at the home page(once logged in) to get new users going so they know what to do.

Neat idea, but since I don't think this is very common(if at all), most people won't know what to do or how to get started.

ya thats true. Theres a couple games like this and I guess I'm use to people knowing what to do. That will for sure be put in though. Theres a thing called missions, the new ones are going to show you how to play the game and what you need to do etc. But the ones up right now just have you do things that you probally dont know how to do.

Anymore?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.