RPG Map

gostly

im looking to make a map, one where you move a character around from one tile to another...i cant really think of how it works, www.phantasyrpg.com has exactly what im trying to do...i cant really figure out how they implemented it into their game, like the map is made up of multiple images, they have certain tiles that can be clicked on, others cant...the ones you click on are the path's where your character moves, the thing im wondering is how did they put their maps into a database, like everything has an x and y co-ordinate...

i dont know, im just lost on this and hopefully someone will understand what im trying to get at, i had a game that i made and ran it for over 2 years, so im working on a new game and need a little help to make it more fun...

[!--quoteo(post=380398:date=Jun 5 2006, 10:32 PM:name=GostLy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GostLy @ Jun 5 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]380398[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
im looking to make a map, one where you move a character around from one tile to another...i cant really think of how it works, www.phantasyrpg.com has exactly what im trying to do...i cant really figure out how they implemented it into their game, like the map is made up of multiple images, they have certain tiles that can be clicked on, others cant...the ones you click on are the path's where your character moves, the thing im wondering is how did they put their maps into a database, like everything has an x and y co-ordinate...

i dont know, im just lost on this and hopefully someone will understand what im trying to get at, i had a game that i made and ran it for over 2 years, so im working on a new game and need a little help to make it more fun...
[/quote]

You need to make a grid in javascript then add the php for the images updates and daabase entrys ok.

[!--quoteo(post=380428:date=Jun 5 2006, 08:16 PM:name=redarrow)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redarrow @ Jun 5 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]380428[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
You need to make a grid in javascript then add the php for the images updates and daabase entrys ok.
[/quote]

Well can you refer me to somewhere that has some source for that...please

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.