final major project ideas

nuttycoder

Hi I'm about to go into my final year at uni

I'm studying BA(hons) web design its more art based then anything but I still do a lot of php/mysql coding.

I need to come up with a final major project and I'm finding it hard to come up with something that will push me from a php standpoint but also be artistic.

if anyone could suggest possible ideas that would be great.

some initial ideas I've had:

Social networking site for new media people

a profile creator site for non web deisgners

an alternate version of google analytics

I'd like as any ideas as I can get before deciding on my final project.

Thank in advance

It doesn't really matter what kind of project you are going to do. Seeing as you are studying web design your focus mainly lies on the GUI rather than the backend. Therefore, what you to do is just find any project and create an excellent, beautiful, accessible and usable design for it. Morever, creating a complex application will take a long time so you might want to pick a project that allows you to do a minimal amount of work with the backend so you can really focus on designing, which is, after all, what you are studying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.