Cant View My Website off Lan

Hi,

I had just tryed typing in my computers ip address. (it might be wrong and is the right ip address 192.168.*.* or 12.68.75.01)

And I dont have any firewall on my computer but i am on a shared internet connection and the router has a firewall but because I get a 404 error I assumed it wasnnt in the internet.

Thanks

192.168.*.* appears to be a local ip address (ie you cannot access it from outside the LAN).  The first thing you should try is running a port scan here:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

This will tell you if port 80 is accessible outside your network.  If that's ok, but you still can't make a connection then make sure that the server can be reached on the LAN at port 80.

You use the ipaddress your ISP assigns your computer when you connect to the internet. However I can see one problem, which is your ISP assigns you a dynamic IP address (I can tell this as every post you have made here your IP address changes).

As your IP changes it'll be hard to know which address to use connect to your computer remotely. I suggest you to sign up to a free service called dynDNS.org.

Will the DynaDNS work on a computer away from the server

Yes, this is all explained on the dyndns website.

By the way what is a dynamic ip address.

I am not an expert in the field of types of IP address, there are two main types static and dynamic. Static is self explanatory, the address never changes. Where as dynamic IP addresses can change. How and when the addresses changes is handled by your ISP. It can change every minute/hour or day/week. When your connect to the internet or turn your computer on etc.

To get an understanding of what these terms mean head over to wikipedia for a more thorough explanation.

First thing you gotta do is log in to your LAN's router. Once logged in, you need to find the port forwarding configuration. Make sure to forward http traffic (port 80) to your machine. If you don't know your LAN address, try checking the router's DHCP table to see the name of your computer. In most cases it will be something like 192.168.1.104 or similar. Once you set up the port forwarding to your machine, as long as your router isn't reset, you will be able to access your website using your static or dynamic WAN IP (assuming Apache is listening on port 80). It is better to set up a static connection from your machine to the router if you can, that way there is one less DNS setting to go wrong. As far as WAN goes, dyndns is ok, but I prefer zoneedit. Once a zoneedit account is configured, you can use ddclient to update zoneedit, and your connection will be as good as a static connection.

I found my real ip address and it asks me for a user name/password for a network. How can I make it so it automatically  logs in anonymously

Are you referring to the dynamic ip service that wildteen88 alluded to?  Or are you taking about the modem?

also i found out my port 80 is stelthed. How do I unblock it.

That has to be done through the router.  Check your router's support.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.