[SOLVED] Table row outside border only

blackcell

I want to completely collapse any borders on a table so that gaps do not appear between cells but I want to maintain the outside border of the table. I have worked with many examples and none are working. Is this impossible to do?

Also, I know I should use css tables but I am not converting because I don't have the time now.

Of course, apologies...

<style type="text/css">
        table.HeadRow
        {
            background-color: #EEEEEE;
            border-collapse: collapse; border: 1px solid #ccc;
        }
     </style>
<?php

$panelBottom =
    "
    <table class='HeadRow' bgcolor='#EEEEEE' align='center' width='100%' height='100%' border='1'>
      <tr >
        <td width='64%' align='center' colspan='3'><b><big>My Priorities</big></b></td>
        <td width='1%'  align='center' colspan='3'> </td>
        <td width='34%' align='center' colspan='3'><b><big>System Overview</big></b></td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<iframe width='64%' height='265' frameborder='no' src='panel_main_assigned.php'></iframe>

<iframe width='34%' height='265' frameborder='no' src='panel_main_overview.php'></iframe>

<hr></hr>

<table class='HeadRow' align='center' width='100%' height='100%' border='1'>
      <tr valign='top'>
        <td width='100%' align='center' colspan='3'><b><big>Recently Closed</big></b></td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<iframe width='99%' height='180' frameborder='no' src='panel_main_recent.php'></iframe>

<hr></hr>

<table class='HeadRow' bgcolor='#EEEEEE' align='center' width='100%' height='100%' border='1'>
      <tr valign='top'>
        <td width='15%' align='left'>$reportBug </td>
        <td width='70%' align='center'><b><big> Bugs and Updates </big></b></td>
        <td width='15%' align='right'> $quickUpdate</td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<iframe width='99%' height='70' frameborder='no' src='panel_main_development.php'></iframe>

";

?>

I am still seeing vertical borders between rows. I want to think it is a bug with css/html because if you look here:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_table_border-collapse

at the example and remove the top table from the code and update, it totally screws up the good table. I have more instances of this too. ???

I believe that is because you have set border='1' in your <table> tag. You don't need that - you already have it in the CSS - and I think (though am not sure) that the border in the <table> tag sets a border on the cells as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.