Submit and Save

gladiator83x

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem that I have run into. Lets say there are only two things on a page (lets call this page testa.php). The two items are a text box and a submit button. When the person browsing inputs data into the text box and pushes submit, it goes to page (testb.php) and the data inputted in the text box is displayed on this page. I was able to do all of this, however, I want the data that is inputted in the text box to not just be submitted to the next page, but also saved on that page; so if anyone was to go back to testb.php, he/she would be able to see the data that was entered in that text box. How would the form look? I have been reading different things online, looking at code on frontpage, and looking through a book that I purchased, but I cannot find out how to submit & save. If anyone could point me in the right direction or help me start off the code then that would be awesome. Thanks. --Chris

Welcome to the phpfreaks!

There are a few different ways to do this. The first and best (IMO) would be to use a database to store your information. The second option would be to use a flat file (text file). If you go to the phpfreaks site (not the forums), you'll find tutorials on how to do both. You can also do a search on the forums that will probably yield you with some good results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.