Connection issues MSSQL 2005

nyonline

Hello All,

We recently have upgraded our system with following configs :

Windows Server 2003 X64

PHP.5.2 X32

Apache 2.2 X32

MSSQL 2005 X32

Currently our application is being used by 600+ employees.

Everything was working fine for first few days but later we started facing the connection issues.

The connection to the MSSQL server is lost and we start these getting Error messages.

Invalid object name 'tablename'.

Once we restart our Apache service it works fine for some time and then it starts throwing same errors.

i have increased the timeout limit but still no use.

Please let me know if anyone of you had faced same error or if you can suggest me a solution for the same.

Thanks,

Nishchint

hey mate, found another bug report similar to the one above. http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=19541&edit=3 it says at the bottom

The Microsoft Library (dblib) used for the mssql extension is not thread

safe. To avoid problems with this extension you should use CGI or

FastCGI.

Maybe using FastCGI is the answer. I am going to try it out and let you know, but I only have a production environment at the moment and no testing ground so it might take me a while... let me know if it is of any help

http://phplens.com/phpeverywhere/fastcgi-php

Hey thanks for the reply buddy..

In my opinion these bugs should not be the mail reason as we were using the same system with 32 bit server and sql Server 2000.

We never had this problem before.. this started once we moved to 64 bit server and Sql Server 2005.

Do u have any idea on connection pooling in apache and PHP?

Do u think it would help if we have a static port on sql server 2005?

Thanks again,

NY

yeah mate really not sure, i am not that experienced as a sys admin to do any of these things, i just stab around in the dark till it works lol. i will let you know how i go, we are setting it up this weekend, i will let you know of the results bvvb

hhhhhhhhhhh111111111111111111

sachin1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.