Cannot install PHP

I am trying to install PHP (using php-5.2.6-win32.msi) to work with my Apache server setup and I am having no luck.  This is a simple, standalone installation for educational & testing purposes, using localhost.  The OS is Windows XP Prof SP2 with Apache v2.2.8 which works fine.  I am the only user and I have Administrator privileges on all folders.

On installation I get a several error messages such as:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Error trying access the local web service.  GetObject failed.  You will need to manually configure the web server."

"There is s problem with the Windows Installer package.  A script required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or software vendor."

When I check the httpd.conf file, the PHP installation inserted the following lines.

ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/PHP/"

Action application/x-httpd-php "C:/Program Files/PHP/php-cgi.exe"

PHPIniDir "C:/Program Files/PHP/"

LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"

LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2.dll"

LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache.dll"

The path is correct and the .dll files exist and when I restart Apache to register the changes, it crashes and I get a series of missing .dll error messages, starting with:

"The application has failed to start because OCI.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

I also downloaded the zip installation file and there is no such file as OCI.dll.

The Apache error log file contents are in the attached text file.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

did u restart the apache server? did u install apache before or after php?

Apache was installed months ago and it works fine both on localhost:8080 and from the web.  The error messages are generated when I restart the Apache server.

Don't use the php .msi installer package. Use the .zip package. There are a great number of posts on this forum in the php installation and WAMP section that contain accurate and up to date installation steps for installing Apache/php/mysql on a Windows XP system.

When I check the httpd.conf file, the PHP installation inserted the following lines.

ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/PHP/"

Action application/x-httpd-php "C:/Program Files/PHP/php-cgi.exe"

LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2.dll"

LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache.dll"

The path is correct and the .dll files exist and when I restart Apache to register the changes, it crashes and I get a series of missing .dll error messages, starting with:

The problem is Apache is loading all PHP modules. You should only load the PHP module that is compatible with the version of Apache installed. In your case the following is the only lines you need, to configure Apache with PHP:

AdddType application/x-httpd-php .php

The following errors:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_oci8.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_oci.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_oci8.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_pgsql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pgsql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pspell.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_sybase_ct.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_ibm_db2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_ifx.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_ingres2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_maxdb.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_mcve.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_netools.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_oracle.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_ibm.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_pdo_informix.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

Is to do with PHP, not Apache. Before enabling any PHP extensions you should first make sure Apache is properly configured. Then you need to make sure PHP is loading the php.ini you're modifying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.