2 replies to this topic

#1 techsmj

techsmj
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

This may be small issue .. but i need a quick fix.

I have a script, that parse data from xml and insert it to a temporary table and from that table based on condition it distribute the datas to other tables...

while i am running the script for some 100 XML in one shot putting them in a for loop, from two systems at same time.. i got out of memory issue. this happens even with 512 MB VM's.

could any suggest whats the issue....

Jagan

#2 redarrow

redarrow
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 7,308 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

[!--quoteo(post=381002:date=Jun 7 2006, 02:29 PM:name=Jagan)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Jagan @ Jun 7 2006, 02:29 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi,

This may be small issue .. but i need a quick fix.

I have a script, that parse data from xml and insert it to a temporary table and from that table based on condition it distribute the datas to other tables...

while i am running the script for some 100 XML in one shot putting them in a for loop, from two systems at same time.. i got out of memory issue. this happens even with 512 MB VM's.

could any suggest whats the issue....

Jagan
[/quote]

i dont know, But what i do know is if the computer is erroring on memory i would say it is a loop problam.

I bet its that for loop.
Wish i new all about php DAM i will have to learn
((EMAIL CODE THAT WORKS))
http://simpleforum.ath.cx/mail2.inc
((PAYPAL INTEGRATION THAT WORKS))
http://simpleforum.a...aypal1_info.inc

#3 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

I dont think its your actuall memory on your server but the memory a single php script can consume. The defualt is only 8MB. If you want to change this value you'll want to edit the php.ini and find the following line:
memory_limit = 8M
Change 8 to bigger value so your script may use more memory. So try doubling that to 16MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users