• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe-b

Joe-b
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

I'm trying to make a like admin area, like cutenews but without the whole posting thing :P I just want like an admin area. I dont want to buy or download a free script because u cant really edit them so really all I need is a login page and some pages with info on. I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver if any of that info comes in handy.. But i have no idea how to do this :( Can someone help me by showing meh where to start..

Edit: Opps.. can someone please move this to the Macromedia Dreamweaver php help forum.. sorry Im such a dumbass :P

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

well uh..seeing as how you didn't post a problem or anything.. i guess you just wanted to share your current project with us? well good luck on that.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 Joe-b

Joe-b
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

Lmao sorry im in such a rush I meant can anyone help me with it, I have like no idea how to make the log in page and pages to show up after it.

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Ah.

Mostly this place is for helping you fix code you are working on, not writing code for you. There are plenty of tutorials on login scripts. that's one of the first pieces of scripts presented in "learn php" tutorials, right after the "make a guestbook!" tutorial.

And this issue has been addressed countless times, even on here, anything from bugs to how to make the login more secure, etc... I suggest you go to the tutorials section here, or do a search of the forum. Or just plain google "php login tutorial."
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users