encryption

ababmxking

Ok i know about SHA and md5 and stuff but as far as i know none of this will work for a paypal POST form, since the encrypted information would always be the same and using them wouldnt matter. So im asking, and yes ive serched this on the forum, google. And im still very new to php. so atleast just point me in the right direction.

thanks,

Carl

You should be using SSL anyway for any transaction processing, so I don't understand the question.

That usually only happens if you actually take the payment details on your own site. Usually with stuff like paypal you hash the cart contents then post it to the payment provider. It's just there to stop ppl altering the form (eg changing all the product prices to 1 cent to rip you off). Far better to send the post form using curl.

well ya i spose. but what im trying to get at is, we have to make the form our site (as far as we understand it) and transfer all the information (ie. The Successful purchase link, the amount etc.) but we have no clue how to do this and havent found a single thing that would actually change the encrypted stuff so that the user cant just copy the form into a freehostia site using the encrypted link for successful payment and get free "Credits".

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.