Class for connecting to mysql

sngskunk

Im trying to make a class to connect to my mysql database but for some reason its not working cand you tell me what i need to do.

[code]
<?php

class DB_Connect {

var $server;
  var $username;
  var $password;
  var $database;

function db_connect() {

$dbserver = $this->server;
    $dbuser = $this->username;
    $dbpass = $this->password;
    $db = $this->database;

$connect = mysql_connect($dbserver, $dbuser, $dbpass);
    mysql_select_db($db, $connect);    

}
}

$db = new DB_Connect;
$db->server = "localhost";
$db->username = "user";
$db->password = "pass";
$db->database = "database";
$db->db_connect();

?>
[/code]

I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Program Files (x86)\xampp\htdocs\portal\new\test.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Program Files (x86)\xampp\htdocs\portal\new\test.php on line 18

But the server, username, password, and database are correct. Help???

I think you need a constructor function that will assign the values to your class variables.

The constructor function in php 4 must be the same name as the class "function DB_Connect()"

in that function assign the values of the $server.......

Although the code could be better, it should work. Constructors are not needed, but they may be useful.

Actually it's the constructor that is causing the problem.
The constructor is called as soon as the class is initiated, not allowing you to set the server, username, etc.

Try to rename the method to "connect" and it should work.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Actually it's the constructor that is causing the problem.[/quote]
There is no constructor in the code posted, php is case sensitive.

The fact is this class is working fine. You seem to have a permissions problem. Are you sure the username and password are correct?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.