client is satisfied. i'm less so.

mgm_03

I would like to know if anyone here sees room for improvement in the areas that I do. My client is pleased with the site. Thanks...

[a href=\"http://judypelt.com\" target=\"_blank\"]Judy Pelt[/a]

I actually quite like it, its clean and its quick. although one thing i did notice is that when you click on the links and then go back to the home page, it jumps to a new position, ie not centered. also the home and portfolio pages are higher up than the others.

on the other point. if the client likes it, whats the problem???

I think it looks nice too.
As nathan mentioned - the jump between moving between pages and home.
Overall - nice. The brown grew on me.
The flash portfolio is only ok. Id like a better transition - but thats only if I were picky.

Rgds,
steve

A few suggestions.

Remove the inline styling applied differently to the body tag on various pages and put it in the CSS file. That'll solve the vertical jumping problem. Add the body and html closing tags to every page. With those changes, you'll be much closer to being able to validate the pages.

The home page is ... well, it's pointless. I think it's better to have a 'home' page with content so that visitors know just why they're here and what they'll find.

thanks for all of the comments.

the reason i had to use inline styling is because putting it in the css was not working (for both bgcolor and margin)... at least in firefox.

Someone visiting the site will not be stumbling upon it but more likely referred to it by word of mouth or from another similar site. The page titles indicate "Pastel Society of America" which means something to the people who would be visiting. It's an artist's website and i believe that home page makes that very apparent. So, in this case, the images are the content. Artist and photographer websites tend to focus on images vs text. Lastly, the navigation is very simple and clear even at a glance. It quickly reveals what to expect inside the site which is just a few pages.

I don't see any harm in the front page - I see it as a missed opportunity. If 100% of visitors (and prospective purchasers) have been referred there then that page doesn't need content. But without content, a large percentage of uninvited visitors and prospective purchasers may not go any further.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.