Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poirot

Where do I change my display name?

Is this possible anyways?

Thanks in advance :)

Most boards do not allow the user to change their own username. Although, most boards do allow for that option (the admin usually do not set it for true, that is). Maybe if you asked an admin real nice they can do it manually for you? Offer marshmallows or something.

I suggest you change your name to Parrot, cuz everytime I see your name I keep wanting to say Parrot [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /]

Take a look at the News forum at the bottom. It tells you very specifically that, unless it is a matter of security, the admins WILL NOT change your username.

And I will support that statement.

come on Ober, you know you wanna see Parrot too [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /]

That's how I say it in my head, but sorry... no dice.

Why "parrot" ? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":huh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"huh.gif\" /]
It's pronounced "pwa-roe"

From what I see, there are 2 different names, the username and the display name...
But thanks anyways [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /]

No there aren't. On certain forum systems there are, but not on this one, I'm afraid.

IPB does have the option to change your display name but that feature is not enabled on this forum currently.

end of discussion now?

[!--quoteo(post=381479:date=Jun 8 2006, 12:05 PM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ Jun 8 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]381479[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Why "parrot" ? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":huh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"huh.gif\" /]
It's pronounced "pwa-roe"

From what I see, there are 2 different names, the username and the display name...
But thanks anyways [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /]
[/quote]
well we americans see it as "poy-rot" which kinda sounds like "parrot" with a new york-ish accent. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

just out of curiosity, what does poirot (that is, "pwa-roe") mean?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]IPB does have the option to change your display name but that feature is not enabled on this forum currently.[/quote]
That was my question :)

It's not in English, but French.
It comes from Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot, the detective. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":wink:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.