Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thermohaline Conveyor

HELP! How do i get this script ....

Hello everyone,

I've just set-up and modified a forum through PHPBB and am looking to modify the script that tells the user when the last post was created on my forum. The current format reads 'last post' [b]Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 pm[/b] however i've been looking everywhere for a script i could use to change the format to: 1 minute ago, into hours 1 hour ago etc. into days 2 days ago into weeks, into months etc. Can anyone enlighten me on where i can get this script and how to modify it within the PHPBB environment. Any help will be much appreciated. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

A good example can be found here [a href=\"http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)\" target=\"_blank\"]Click Here[/a], note the last post 1 hour ago so on script, thats the script i need.

My forum is at [a href=\"http://www.met-monkey.co.uk/weather.forum/index.php\" target=\"_blank\"]This Address[/a]

One of the function i wrote long ago. Maybe it'll give you and idea.

[code]
    // convert unix timestamp $t (in the past of current time)
    // and return a 'amount of time ago'
    function FormatTimeP($t)
    {
        $yield = time() - $t;
        $secs = abs($yield);

$numdays = floor($secs / 86400);
        $numhours = floor(($secs % 86400) / 3600);
        $nummins = floor(($secs % 3600) / 60);

$retval = '';
        if ($numdays > 0)
        {
            ($numdays > 1)? $retval .= "$numdays days, " : $retval .= "$numdays day, ";
        }

if ($numhours > 0)
        {
            ($numhours > 1)? $retval .= "$numhours hours, " : $retval .= "$numhours hour, ";
        }

if ($nummins > 0)
        {
            ($nummins > 1)? $retval .= "$nummins minutes" : $retval .= "$nummins minute";
        }

if (strlen($retval) < 1)
            $retval = '0 minute';

if ($numdays > 7) // if greater than 7 days, do not display hours, min info
            $retval = "$numdays days";

if ($yield > 0)
            return $retval . ' ago.';
        else return $retval . '.';
    }
[/code]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.