2 replies to this topic

#1 ale1981

ale1981
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

I am creating an intranet for our company and want to know if there is a way I can extract the current logged in username from windows to use in the intranet. I can get the username using vbScript but how do I pass a variable from vbScript to php? Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

#2 thepip3r

thepip3r
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

FOR IIS:

When you create the site, right click on it, go to properties. Click on the Directory Security tab. Edit "Anonymous access and control". From here, ensure anonymous access is NOT checked and make sure that Integrated Windows authentication IS. Once this done, check your $_SERVER['AUTH_USER'] var and your complete domain\hostname should be listed. If not, view phpinfo() and see if you can find your username in some other similar variable. With the above set, the Windows username should be listed in one of your Global variables. I'm currently using this method on two seperate sites right now.

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

vbscript:
If UserName <> "Unknown" then document.location = "target.php?username=" & UserName

target.php
if ($_GET['username']) {
   $username = $_GET['username'];
}

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users