Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redneonrt

Newb date question

I have php insert a timestamp for each enrty in my db table.

I would like to be able to seach for all entries from a particular month say May for example.

But Im not quite sure how to go about this.

It depends... What is the format of the inserted timestamp?

[!--quoteo(post=381608:date=Jun 8 2006, 04:29 PM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ Jun 8 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]381608[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
It depends... What is the format of the inserted timestamp?
[/quote]

when I insert a date, strtotime

example $date = strtotime("06/07/2006");

OK, that means it's using an UNIX timestamp.

You can use the following query:
[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] * [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]table[/color] [color=green]WHERE[/color] EXTRACT(MONTH [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]FROM_UNIXTIME(date))[/color] [color=orange]=[/color] month_here [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

Now, I usually would use PHP to get this. But I'm following Barand so I'll use the least PHP possible. I hope it's a good thing [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Im not having much luck making this work.

I tried this [code]SELECT *
FROM `ext`
WHERE EXTRACT(
MONTH FROM_UNIXTIME( date ) ) =06[/code]

I get a mysql error.

Could someone provide another example please?

[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] * [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]`ext`[/color] [color=green]WHERE[/color] EXTRACT(MONTH [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]FROM_UNIXTIME(date))[/color] [color=orange]=[/color] 6 [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

You missed a FROM...

Woops [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":huh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"huh.gif\" /]

Thanks for your help though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.