What happened to the Newbie forum???

Just one of the many updates we have made to the forums. Keep watching because there are more on the way, and some might just "spring" up out of now where [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":wink:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Again, as you might know, the [code=php:0] tags are NOT coming back. It just won't be happening, because the hack was removed in the update to the forums. The mods have answered this time and again that they won't be bringing them back.

[!--quoteo(post=381970:date=Jun 9 2006, 10:36 AM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ Jun 9 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]381970[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Again, as you might know, the [code=php:0] tags are NOT coming back. It just won't be happening, because the hack was removed in the update to the forums. The mods have answered this time and again that they won't be bringing them back.
[/quote]
"Hack" is pretty derogatory. "modification" I'd say.
I have no idea on why though, and also I missed some updates [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":wink:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=381992:date=Jun 9 2006, 02:35 PM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ Jun 9 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]381992[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
"Hack" is pretty derogatory. "modification" I'd say.
I have no idea on why though, and also I missed some updates [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":wink:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Ah, political correctness. Never been a fan of it myself.
Here's the basic summary: this idiot hacked the forum, and once it was un-hacked, the version of IPB that PHPFreaks was running was taken and updated to the more secure, later version. Because of the fact that they went from 2.0.x to 2.1.x, the entire forums code was essentially taken and replaced, and with it, every single 'modification' that was made to IPB by the admins, such as the Solved button and the PHP tags.

I am working on finding a "hack" right now for the [code=php:0] tags. As an admin I have access to the database and most of the editable files from the Admin Control Panel built into IPB. So you might see them soon, Eric might install them soon, you might not see them soon, and we might see new forums soon. Hard to say with a community that is constantly growing.

I use hack. I don't think that a hacker should be someone who does bad things. I consider myself a hacker because I do tear software apart and edit it for my own ends.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.