upload photo script

jasonc

trying to add an upload photo to the site, button.

can someone please suggest the best and yet secure way i can do this.

i mostly use PHP so if it can be done in PHp thats great.

I have once seen a form based upload image version but can not seem to find it.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

after searching google i found.... [a href=\"http://www.blazonry.com/scripting/upload-size.phps\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.blazonry.com/scripting/upload-size.phps[/a]
just added this script to a new php file, and viewed it and tried to upload a file to my server, nothing worked.

i changed the $uploaddir = ".";

to read the FULL server path to the folder i wish to store the files in.

still think

i think i must be missing something, have i missed something out?

[!--quoteo(post=381667:date=Jun 9 2006, 01:58 AM:name=Fyorl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Fyorl @ Jun 9 2006, 01:58 AM) [snapback]381667[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
you could try [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/85/0.php\" target=\"_blank\"]this[/a] tutorial or just search through the tutorials section, there are definitely ones in there
[/quote]

[a href=\"http://www.pro-freelancers.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.pro-freelancers.com/[/a]

[!--quoteo(post=381676:date=Jun 9 2006, 02:26 AM:name=Fyorl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Fyorl @ Jun 9 2006, 02:26 AM) [snapback]381676[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
could you link me to your script?
[/quote]

Yup, I see your problem. In the <form> tags, you need to put the name of the PHP script used to upload the file in the action element. Like [code]<form action="script.php" name="a_form" method="post">[/code]

i know that but i have not placed anything here before as it goes back to the same script, or have i missed a script out and there is more to this than i thought?

[!--quoteo(post=381683:date=Jun 9 2006, 02:43 AM:name=Fyorl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Fyorl @ Jun 9 2006, 02:43 AM) [snapback]381683[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Yup, I see your problem. In the <form> tags, you need to put the name of the PHP script used to upload the file in the action element. Like [code]<form action="script.php" name="a_form" method="post">[/code]
[/quote]

even though it goes back to the same script you still have to put the script name in there. So say if your script was called script.php which generated that form, in the action element you would put script.php (eg action="script.php"). That way, what happens is the browser leaves your page and follows the action which happens to be pointing to the same script. So then it loads up the script again but this time it has all the form data, which the newly loaded script detects and uploads.

yes i see, but still when i change it it still does not upload.

[!--quoteo(post=381693:date=Jun 9 2006, 03:03 AM:name=Fyorl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Fyorl @ Jun 9 2006, 03:03 AM) [snapback]381693[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
even though it goes back to the same script you still have to put the script name in there. So say if your script was called script.php which generated that form, in the action element you would put script.php (eg action="script.php"). That way, what happens is the browser leaves your page and follows the action which happens to be pointing to the same script. So then it loads up the script again but this time it has all the form data, which the newly loaded script detects and uploads.
[/quote]

ERROR
Image Extension Unknown.

Please upload only a JPEG image with the extension .jpg or .jpeg ONLY

The file you uploaded had the following extension:

Warning: unlink(): No such file or directory in /home/profree/public_html/index.php on line 103

[!--quoteo(post=381698:date=Jun 9 2006, 03:14 AM:name=Fyorl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Fyorl @ Jun 9 2006, 03:14 AM) [snapback]381698[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
OK, try changing [code]if ($REQUEST_METHOD == "POST")[/code] to [code]if(isset($_REQUEST['submit']))[/code]
[/quote]

OK, I've been looking through the script and it doesn't look very good. So here's my verson (does not include the HTML, you can use the same as before, except you need to make sure the MAX_FILE_SIZE bit goes before the file input):
[code]if(isset($_REQUEST['submit']((
{
$file = $_FILES['imgfile']['name'];
$tmp_file = $_FILES['imgfile']['tmp_name'];
$size = $_FILES['imgfile']['size'];

$uploaddir = '.';
$upload = $uploaddir . basename($file);
$allowed = array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png');
$ext = getFileExtension($file);

if(!in_array($ext, $allowed))
{
echo "ERROR: Invalid file extension.";
unlink($tmp_file);
exit;
}

if(move_uploaded_file($tmp_file, $upload))
{
echo "Image uploaded successfully!";
}
else
{
echo "Image uplaod failed.";
}

// Same function as the other script
function getFileExtension($str) {

$i = strrpos($str,".");
        if (!$i) { return ""; }

$l = strlen($str) - $i;
        $ext = substr($str,$i+1,$l);

return $ext;

}
}
[/code]It's pretty insecure but it'll get the job done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.