CURVED-CORNER-BOXES.COM

mainewoods

[a href=\"http://curved-corner-boxes.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]CURVED-CORNER-BOXES.COM[/a]

[!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--][!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Just fixed this web site so that it is compatable with Firefox
-style looks much better on Firefox now
-the CSS tag: width: 100% works irregularly in Firefox
-caused almost all of my problems
-fixed javascript problems as well
-Please re review my site![!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

I launched this web site just a few days ago! I believe it will be extremely useful to web developers and blog writers. Have not seen anything like it on the web anywhere. It is a robust application with many features.

What does it do?

Creates copy n paste Curved Corner Boxes for web sites or blogs. You can create an infinite variety of Curved Corner Boxes with different color bodies or even graphic bodies like wood. Add your own contents to the box including plain text, web links, image tags, and other HTML. Just copy n paste and you've got a fully functional web graphic on your web page or blog. Quickly and easily Brand an Entire Web.

-Thanks for your comments

Well... I looked at in Opera and thought it must be just Opera that's screwing it up, so I opened it in Firefox just to see... and yeah... it's really THAT ugly. Wow. No offense, but no one is going to use that with the way it looks.

It's disorganized, you use random background colors very poorly, and ... I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Ooh, a generator for a curved corner generator with tables. I could do that in Photoshop just fine, and with a little work, I could get it to work with CSS. I'm sorry, but this kind of application missed its time. So did posts that sound like brochures.
Also, the site itself is really quite ugly.

No offense taken ober. I failed to test it in firefox before launch. It seems that firefox renders some CSS I use a lot differently and there seem to be a few javascript problems as well. I would ask the moderator of this forum to remove this post while I fix these problems.

-thanks

ok, a couple pointers that will make a world of difference, i think:

1) sans-serif... when working with web text, it's usually [b]MUCH[/b] better on the eyes to use a sans-serif font for paragraph text.

2) font-size... shrink your paragraph text down a tad. 11-12px is usually appropriate for block text in a sans-serif font.

3) fixed width... when you're working with a site in a fluid width, it's great, but only if you've got 3+ columns. viewing your page in a higher resolution causes the text to stretch all the way across the page. if you went to a static width, it would be much easier to read the text on larger resolutions without having to scan across so much real estate

4) avoid "too much" contrast in navigation. first off, the natural blue for nav links really doesn't look so hot, and when you have white on black as the hover attribute, it's rather unappealing as well. try doctoring the colors and making subtle changes on hover rather than changing the entire feel of the link instead.

5) white-on-black: a no-no 90% of the time... although there are some few, rare occasions, i'm sure (though none come to mind immediately), white text on a black background should be avoided. it's very difficult on the eyes. especially when dealing with a professional site, you really should aim to have dark on light whenever possible, and just highlight areas with darker colors.

6) color... and i mean besided black and white. when we refer to color on a webpage, we mean greens and blues and other bright additions. you really need some. even if you have a background on the body that is a light blue and have a wrapper div with white again, it would help add some better feeling to the site.

7) logo... while i appreciate the fact that you're using the product to create the banner, you really need to work on your hover status. when the entire position of the words changes, it doesn't make for friendly browsing. i found the 1-2px area where i can leave my mouse there, and the banner simply switches rapidly between the two positions... not a good thing.

overall, i think the premise of the site is fine, and it looks like you've got your content together, but IMHO, you just need a [i]design[/i]. putting content onto a web page isn't design. design is what makes your content come to life, and you really need that here. yes, the layout may work like you want it in all browsers at this point, but we're way beyond that. you need to step back and look at the overall feel of the page.

try a few of the things i've mentioned here, and when you come up with something you like, we can get more technical ;-)

good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.