Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DXPhoenix323

PHP/MySQL - ORDER BY

So far, I can get this to work:

$query003 = "SELECT * from statement_details WHERE invoice_number = '$invoice_number'";

But when I add the ORDER BY like so:

$query003 = "SELECT * from statement_details WHERE invoice_number = '$invoice_number' ORDER BY order ASC";

I get errors... If I knew how to use those very interesting Mysql Error functions, I would... But, I don't... ,'|

Anyone know how to properly phrase this?

Thanks in advance,
-Ross :D

Use:
[code]mysql_query($query003) or die(mysql_error());[/code]
This will return MySQL's error if any.

That should be OK; are you sure you are using a correct field name for ORDER BY?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order ASC' at line 1[/quote]

That's the error that comes up...

and yeah, it's a valid field... I'm sure... very sure... very... ,'|

could it be that the field name is order and it's causing the query to think I'm doubling the 'Order By' by following it with 'Order' ?

... I just answered my own question... I put the second order inside of these: ' ' making:

$query003 = "SELECT * from statement_details WHERE invoice_number = '$invoice_number' ORDER BY 'order' ASC";

and it now works...

I'm so impatient, especially when I'm loaded up with Pepsi...

-Ross :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.