[SOLVED] TextArea Word Wrap?

spiceydog

Word Wrap is probably the wrong word but I have some MySQL being returned (using php) into a text area on my webpage and I find that the textarea is automatically word wrapping it. By word wrapping I mean what Notepad does when Word Wrap is turned on. I want to turn it off. How can I do this?

The php that is being returned is a link such as http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=post;board=4.0 but it looks like

http://

www.phpfreaks.com/

forums/

index.php?action=po

st;board=4.0

in the text box because it doesn't all fit on one line. I want it to be forced onto one line however some of the data in the MySQL database includes multiple links on multiple lines so I can't just tell it to equal 1 row and be done with it. But I DO want the bottom scroll bar and side scroll bar to work.

Thanks in advance!

Ether that or you can just size the textarea to the size of a standard input text box using col and row values.

(i know dumb suggestion, but what ever works.)

You are better off styling the size of the textarea with css. This way you can be more explicate on the size of the textarea to the pixel!

If the nowrap doesn't solve your issue, then your mysql/php output is creating whitespace. Make sure there is no /r /n characters in the output. I'm not an expert at php, but something like that...  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.