Auto-Save a webpage

cxpzadan

There's a website that updates statistics approximately every hour, but they don't archive their pages so I have to physically be at my computer every time they update. I'm looking for a script that I could put on my website that would automatically visit the given URL every hour and save the page in a folder on my server.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help.

This....

/usr/bin/wget -N -E -H -k -K -p -P /home/${HOME}/domain.com/$(date +%s) http://domain.com/page.html

will save a copy of the complete (images and all) web page within a directory called domain.com/<seconds since epoch> in your home directory.

This....

/usr/bin/wget -N -E -H -k -K -p -P /home/${HOME}/domain.com/$(date +%s) http://domain.com/page.html

will save a copy of the complete (images and all) web page within a directory called domain.com/<seconds since epoch> in your home directory.

I made a crontab using this code, but nothing happens. It doesn't seem to work. There's no directory created anywhere on my server... How do I proceed?

Sorry, Ive never used cPanel or whatever interface it is your using to access cron. Generally though you need to tell cron when to execute a given command.

In a crontab file it would look something like....

# minute
#   # hour
#   #   # day of month
#   #   #   # month
#   #   #   #   # day of week
#   #   #   #   #
0   *   *   *   * /usr/bin/command

The above would execute /usr/bin/command every hour on the hour.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.