Best Coding Structure to adopt?

phpfreak101

Hey Everyone, I know this is a very vague and open ended question, i'm sorry. As the description says, i'm looking for a professional coding Template/structure/practice (what ever you want to call it) to adopt to learn good coding techniques and to learn about php security.

I've been learning and using php for about a year now and i've never completed a php project in that time. I think its because my coding practices were bad and so as my projects got more complex, it got more confusing to understand and maintain all parts of the site. So i would like to adopt *something* so that i can learn php security, professional coding structures and techniques and so that its easy to maintain and update my sites in the future.

I have looked at phpNuke (which looks very professional, correct me if i'm wrong) and I like the use of modules. Being able to add and remove feature for my clients in the future seems like a great practice to adopt, but its a very complicated system to reverse engineer; i'm having trouble doing so. Any advice on the topics mentioned above would be GREATLY appreciated.

[!--quoteo(post=382111:date=Jun 9 2006, 07:26 PM:name=phpfreak101)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(phpfreak101 @ Jun 9 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]382111[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hey Everyone, I know this is a very vague and open ended question, i'm sorry. As the description says, i'm looking for a professional coding Template/structure/practice (what ever you want to call it) to adopt to learn good coding techniques and to learn about php security.

I've been learning and using php for about a year now and i've never completed a php project in that time. I think its because my coding practices were bad and so as my projects got more complex, it got more confusing to understand and maintain all parts of the site. So i would like to adopt *something* so that i can learn php security, professional coding structures and techniques and so that its easy to maintain and update my sites in the future.

I have looked at phpNuke (which looks very professional, correct me if i'm wrong) and I like the use of modules. Being able to add and remove feature for my clients in the future seems like a great practice to adopt, but its a very complicated system to reverse engineer; i'm having trouble doing so. Any advice on the topics mentioned above would be GREATLY appreciated.
[/quote]

umm i like to have all php at the top of the page ...not scattered everywhere with millions of open and closem tags....theres not really any realy good/bad way to layout php..it all depends on the page! and what each page requires

[!--quoteo(post=382131:date=Jun 9 2006, 10:12 PM:name=legohead6)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(legohead6 @ Jun 9 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]382131[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
umm i like to have all php at the top of the page ...not scattered everywhere with millions of open and closem tags....theres not really any realy good/bad way to layout php..it all depends on the page! and what each page requires
[/quote]

Well again sorry to be vague, i can't really explain what i'm trying to do very well. An example would be modules with phpNuke, it checks the "module" folder for subfolders, these folders contain files for addon features for the site. And it dynamically updates the site depending on what modules exist. I'm trying to learn how to incorporate ideas such as these, to structure my future sites accordingly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.