MAJOR CHANGES!! READ UP HERE!

ober

As some of you have noticed, the PHP Newbie forum has disappeared. In an effort to streamline the forums and provide the fastest response and best experience, we've combined the 2 main PHP boards.

We've also created a new READ-ONLY boards for the members where we have posted numerous questions that are asked here all the time. We'll be adding to this and editing it over time. If you have a question and think it's come up before, PLEASE check there first!

Link! [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=41\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=41[/a]

We're also working to add more features and make the site a little faster and more user-friendly. Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for being part of a great community!

Hey phpfreak, isn't it a cache system for PHP?
Best alternative for Zend's I guess :D

Now ober, I don't think people will care to read that up before posting...
You know, you see people asking about session and header problem even though there are pinned topics about them everywhere [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":huh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"huh.gif\" /]

so maybe just maybe it will lower the "omg i get this blah error" questions down from 100 to 80. something is better than nothing.

i do suggest renaming the forum to something more catching, like "YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE!" or "QUICK ANSWERS TO QUICK QUESTIONS" or something. I think " FAQ/Code Snippet Repository" is great for serious people, but if they were serious, they'd look at the existing stickies anyways. you need something that appeals to the script kiddies.

Thanks phpfreak!

poirot, thanks for the comment, but Crayon_Violent makes a good point. Something is better than nothing.

And Crayon_Violent, that's not a bad idea. I will talk that over with the other mods. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
As a new user, and new to programming, I would suggest (not criticize) that maybe the forum where FAQ's are could have a different color.  I went back and looked and saw it at the top, but it blends in with the rest, and since I was looking for PHP, it didn't catch my eye.  If it was there in RED or another bright color, it would stand out, and I would have seen it and used it. 

Greate Site, I love it, and hope to be able to give back to it, once I know what I am doing, as right now I am receiving and unable to give.

Thanks,

Ken

[quote author=ober link=topic=95488.msg382119#msg382119 date=1149901877]
...We've also created a new READ-ONLY boards for the members where we have posted numerous questions that are asked here all the time.  We'll be adding to this and editing it over time.  If you have a question and think it's come up before, PLEASE check there first!...
Link! <broken bbCode>
[/quote]
Trying to do my part to clean up after changing forum.
Replaces brokent bbCode:
[url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=41]Goes to FAQ[/url]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.