2 replies to this topic

#1 bcamp1973

bcamp1973
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:19 AM

Hello! I'm going to build an online store and I'd researching my options. Wondering what some of you have used and what you recommend...or even what you recommend i *don't* use! I hear OSCommerce talked about a lot so I'm going to install that and take it for a test drive. I'd like something pretty full featured, ideally based on PHP/MySQL as those are the languages I'm most comfortable with...however, i'd attempt a new language if the cart is REALLY great :) I'd also like something that will allow me to build a standard compliant website (no tables, except for tabular data). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 legohead6

legohead6
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

[!--quoteo(post=382136:date=Jun 9 2006, 10:19 PM:name=bcamp1973)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(bcamp1973 @ Jun 9 2006, 10:19 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello! I'm going to build an online store and I'd researching my options. Wondering what some of you have used and what you recommend...or even what you recommend i *don't* use! I hear OSCommerce talked about a lot so I'm going to install that and take it for a test drive. I'd like something pretty full featured, ideally based on PHP/MySQL as those are the languages I'm most comfortable with...however, i'd attempt a new language if the cart is REALLY great :) I'd also like something that will allow me to build a standard compliant website (no tables, except for tabular data). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
[/quote]

Make your own from scratch! ITs a fun project! all you need is a mysql database and a good knowledge at php! I made one... but there seems to be something against putting web addresses on here! if you want to check it out pm me
"Syntax error" .. WHERE THE **** IS IT?!

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

you can post the address in your siggy.

i've played around with cubecart. it seems decent enough. but i don't have an online store, so i couldn't give you any detailed analysis of it...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users