Help installing PHP on Win2k IIS server

Cowdude7

I'm trying to get PHP and MySQL working on a Windows 2000 SP4 computer and I'm not having much luck.  The instructions at php.net make my head spin (They mix Apache and IIS and multiple operation systems' instructions together; it's confusing) and any others I find online usually don't work.  I had PHP working earlier but broke it or something so now it doesn't work... I've tried installing it about eighty times now and usually what I get when I try to access a page is it loads the page but doesn't do any of the PHP code as if it were just an html file, but I think I have IIS set up correctly because I can get to the page from other computers.  Earlier I had PHP 5.3.2 and MySQL 5 working but I somehow screwed up PHP before I got them working together.  I'm pretty sure I had installed PHP with the automatic installer.  I'm at the point where I really need to just start it all over.  Can anyone give me some legible directions or at least point me to some?  I can give more information about the computer if I need to.

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstall it and reinstall it using the msi installer, could try swapping between CGI and ISAPI versions also.  CGI on IIS is slower but way more stable.

Dont forget that if you install in ISAPI mode, once the IIS service is started, php basically is always running too (which is why its faster), so changes to your .ini file for example require a good old fashion iisreset (restart IIS) from the cmd prompt...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.