need to change title

xtremlee

i need to change my title this is what i got .. i know its pulling the title from somewhere but i can not find it in any of my files. any suggestions on where to look?

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<title><?=SITE_TITLE?></title>

<link href="styles-puppyfinder.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/JavaScript">

<!--

function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0

var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a)&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;

}

1) Why are you using short tags? (<?= ?>)

2) I'd probably suggest using the utf-8 charset.

3) Are you using a Microsoft web design product for that Javascript?  Write it yourself.  It ends up working better.

Edit:  Oh yeah.  Look for any place where you define constants.  Not how I'd personally assign site titles, but whatever.

i need to change my title this is what i got .. i know its pulling the title from somewhere but i can not find it in any of my files. any suggestions on where to look?

<title><?=SITE_TITLE?></title>

Look for define( 'SITE_TITLE', 'The title of your site' );

If the script won't be distributed on multiple servers, there's nothing wrong with this

Why? Unless you actually require the wider character set, you're better off using 8859-1

3) Are you using a Microsoft web design product for that Javascript?  Write it yourself.  It ends up working better.

Looks like dreamweaver... and I've never had problems with their rollover code ;) Learning javascript is never a bad thing, but if you only need a snippet here or there, is there really a point to learning a new language ( especially a client-side one that can vary enough from browser to browser to make you wanna rip your hair out ;) )

If the script won't be distributed on multiple servers, there's nothing wrong with this

Why? Unless you actually require the wider character set, you're better off using 8859-1

Looks like dreamweaver... and I've never had problems with their rollover code ;) Learning javascript is never a bad thing, but if you only need a snippet here or there, is there really a point to learning a new language ( especially a client-side one that can vary enough from browser to browser to make you wanna rip your hair out ;) )

If one day his host turns off short tags, he's screwed.  He should just type the extra like...8 characters. =P

And why not use utf-8?  If eventually he'll need to use characters not in iso-8859-1...it'll save him from posting on the forum. =P

And it's either Dreamweaver or like Frontpage *shudders*.  Anyway...CSS rollovers are cooler. :D

CSS rollovers are a bitch, but once you get em working on all the browsers they're really nice.

I wouldn't have been so critical on your suggestions if you had originally posted why... Telling people what to do without reason isn't the best teaching method. Let him know why you think he should make those changes, and let him decide if he needs to.

Well, if it's not set there, then I'd assume so.  Can you please place this at the very top of your page?

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>

And tell me if you get something along the lines of:

Notice: Use of undefined constant in /path/to/your/file on line 5

Just made up a file and line number. =P

i did not write this i can do basic html but thats. would this be a seperate file that it is pulling this title from?

It's possible... look for include( 'file.php' ) or require( 'file.php' ) or require_once, or include_once....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.