Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharkyJay

Ask ONE QUESTION to determine if someone is a good programmer

You meet a php programmer and can only ask him/her [b]one question[/b]. Their reply to this [b]one question[/b] will determine if they are a good programmer or not.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][div align=\"center\"][!--fonto:Trebuchet Ms--][span style=\"font-family:Trebuchet Ms\"][!--/fonto--][b]What would the question be and why would the reply determine if they are a good programmer?[/b][!--fontc--][/span][!--/fontc--][/div][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

That's ridiculous. You cannot determine a programmer's worth on one question. That's a management pipe dream.

uh...."Did you create PHP all by yourself"?

i guess a "yes" would be the right answer there?...

"Could you hand me your Curriculum Vitae?"

I'm really hoping this is a joke, to which there is a predetermined answer... because if it isn't, it should be deleted ASAP, if not before. There is no one question that determines the quality of a programmer.

question: "how long do you usually sleep?"

answer: "sleep? geez, do you even bother to read the manual? [a href=\"http://www.php.net/sleep"\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.php.net/sleep"[/a]

Warning: puzzle within.

I'm giving this one until 1150603200. Just in case there is some merit.

Figure it out. :)

Clue: 47-10-06 N 088-29-20 W.

(somewhat on-topic: If you can get this one, you've certainly got the problem solving skills needed.)

it appears saturday (june 17) is already up. neal, care to clue us in?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.