• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kel_p

kel_p
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

I want to change a website from using frames to ssi..

Situation:
mainform.html has 2 includefiles using (php)SSI, search.php and search_result.php.
search.php has a form where search criteria can be given, the result I want to show-up in another part of the page without having to reload the hole page again.. When using frames I can set the target of the form-tag to "frame" but now I want to (re)load search_result.php in the current page using SSI..
Or should I use something else, can CSS play a part in this?

I've searched the web for ours but can't find a solution..

Mark.

#2 joquius

joquius
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

can you preload the DB you're searching through into arrays and export them to java at the beginning of the page? or do you not want to do such a thing.
z..z..z..z..z..z..z..z..

#3 kel_p

kel_p
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:08 PM

[!--quoteo(post=382540:date=Jun 11 2006, 11:11 AM:name=joquius)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(joquius @ Jun 11 2006, 11:11 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
can you preload the DB you're searching through into arrays and export them to java at the beginning of the page? or do you not want to do such a thing.
[/quote]

I wasn't thinking about this kind of thing indeed..
I have a rather large DB I want to have a live connection with, I only want to know how to include a dynamic (sub)page into a static area of the mainpage, just like when using frames..

I read everywhere SSI is able to provide me everything frames do.. but this I can't find..

Mark.

[!--quoteo(post=382540:date=Jun 11 2006, 11:11 AM:name=joquius)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(joquius @ Jun 11 2006, 11:11 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

I wasn't thinking about this kind of thing indeed..
I have a rather large DB I want to have a live connection with, I only want to know how to include a dynamic (sub)page into a static area of the mainpage, just like when using frames..

I read everywhere SSI is able to provide me everything frames do.. but this I can't find..

Mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users