Task List App Problem

FishB8

The Problem:

I'm creating a basic "Task/To Do List" app, and I need to find a way to make the tasks apply to multiple people. I would have no trouble at all if the tasks (a mysql row) were only intended for one person:
[code]select * from tasklist where tasked='$name'[/code]

So, I know there are several ways of connecting multiple names to one task, but I'd really like to see if anyone has a better ideas.

Thanks!

[!--quoteo(post=382550:date=Jun 11 2006, 05:04 PM:name=FishB8)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(FishB8 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]382550[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The Problem:

I'm creating a basic "Task/To Do List" app, and I need to find a way to make the tasks apply to multiple people. I would have no trouble at all if the tasks (a mysql row) were only intended for one person:
[code]select * from tasklist where tasked='$name'[/code]

So, I know there are several ways of connecting multiple names to one task, but I'd really like to see if anyone has a better ideas.

Thanks!
[/quote]

when the user wants a certon task you need to let the database know so you do an update on that users row in a field and then you would select all the users that wanted that task.

[!--quoteo(post=382553:date=Jun 11 2006, 12:09 PM:name=redarrow)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redarrow @ Jun 11 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]382553[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
when the user wants a certon task you need to let the database know so you do an update on that users row in a field and then you would select all the users that wanted that task.
[/quote]

That's half of it, yes. But users can also create tasks and asign one or more names to it. And when a user logs in a views their task list, it should get all the tasks where the cell 'tasked_persons' contains their name. That's the part that I'm NOT sure how to do. I could create a table to exists solely to link a persons name with a task_id, or I could perform a fulltext search of the tasklist table to find a name contained in the cell: 'tasked_persons' Does anyone have another suggestion? If not, which way is more realistic/functional for this application?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.