Saving Information on a Webpage

gladiator83x

Hey All,

I have a listbox that is comprised of about 50 options. When one option is selected it takes the browser to a page where associated data is automatically generated from a database.

What I am trying to do is put a textbox of some sort on the second page and when data is inputted, I wanted it to be saved for each particular option in the list box. So if I chose lets say option A, and the associated data pops up along with a text box, I want to be able to enter in the word ‘dog’. When I open up another browser and select option A again, I would like to see besides my associated data, a select command that will take me to the page that has dog saved. Is that caching? I would really appreciate it if you any one of could help me. Thanks [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Christopher

[!--quoteo(post=382821:date=Jun 12 2006, 02:37 PM:name=gladiator83x)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gladiator83x @ Jun 12 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]382821[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hey All,

I have a listbox that is comprised of about 50 options. When one option is selected it takes the browser to a page where associated data is automatically generated from a database.

What I am trying to do is put a textbox of some sort on the second page and when data is inputted, I wanted it to be saved for each particular option in the list box. So if I chose lets say option A, and the associated data pops up along with a text box, I want to be able to enter in the word ‘dog’. When I open up another browser and select option A again, I would like to see besides my associated data, a select command that will take me to the page that has dog saved. Is that caching? I would really appreciate it if you any one of could help me. Thanks [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Christopher
[/quote]

I think the easiest way of doing this would be to use cookies and make the page check for your assosiated data before loading the page.

If your users are logging in to your website with a mysql backend you could create a table and store all of the saved data for page and user in a database and recall that information everytime your page loads.

[!--quoteo(post=382836:date=Jun 12 2006, 10:21 AM:name=scripts2go.co.uk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(scripts2go.co.uk @ Jun 12 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]382836[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I think the easiest way of doing this would be to use cookies and make the page check for your assosiated data before loading the page.

If your users are logging in to your website with a mysql backend you could create a table and store all of the saved data for page and user in a database and recall that information everytime your page loads.
[/quote]

Thanx Scripts2go ; ) I'll definitely try that!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.