#1 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:17 AM

Hi folks,

I have made a backup of a freinds sql database from the phpmyadmin console. He doesnt have a shell access at all as its a hosted server, when i try to upload or restore the data i get the following error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/read_dump.lib.php

From what i have read its because the backup.sql file is to big and some articles have advised to chop the file up and upload in chinks, well my question is,

can i just chop the file up or does the file need header information at the top of each file..... or is there a better way???

thanks

Paul
To much information is never enough............ [br] [br] [br]I really could do with a coffee.....

#2 George_hu

George_hu
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:18 AM

Back up table by table may solution for this.

However this is not always fit.
Try \"MySQL Commander\" include BiGtable feature which allow to backup huge db.

#3 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:09 PM

The guy has dropped his old server so we no longer have access to the db other than the huge backup......

thanks
paul
To much information is never enough............ [br] [br] [br]I really could do with a coffee.....

#4 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:14 PM

I tried a few things and this worked,

I split the file into 500k chunks by line although it takes some time to import them it does work the command i used was

split --line-bytes=500k backup.sql file_.sql

thanks
paul

#5 yrrahxob

yrrahxob
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:19 PM

You might want to try this

set_time_limit ( int seconds)

Set the number of seconds a script is allowed to run. If this is reached, the script returns a fatal error. The default limit is 30 seconds or, if it exists, the max_execution_time value defined in the php.ini. If seconds is set to zero, no time limit is imposed.
Harry R. Box
[br]We must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately.
[br]
[br]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users