phpmyadmin problem

flandercan

Hi folks,

I have made a backup of a freinds sql database from the phpmyadmin console. He doesnt have a shell access at all as its a hosted server, when i try to upload or restore the data i get the following error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/read_dump.lib.php

From what i have read its because the backup.sql file is to big and some articles have advised to chop the file up and upload in chinks, well my question is,

can i just chop the file up or does the file need header information at the top of each file..... or is there a better way???

thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to try this

set_time_limit ( int seconds)

Set the number of seconds a script is allowed to run. If this is reached, the script returns a fatal error. The default limit is 30 seconds or, if it exists, the max_execution_time value defined in the php.ini. If seconds is set to zero, no time limit is imposed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.