• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:41 PM

on another board i go to someone started a 5 min. comic strip thread. the idea was to make cheap comic strips that only take like 5 minutes or so to make. so i came up with this here. i'm posting it here cuz well, i'm proud of it and i'm just showing off [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /]

[img src=\"http://www.chroniclesofwar.com/images/cartoon2.jpg\" border=\"0\" alt=\"IPB Image\" /]
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#2 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:09 AM

I'm trying really hard not to be jealous :)
Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#3 bilis_money

bilis_money
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

I love that cartoon Crayon_violent

I hope you can give us the link for that comic strip
it's really funny specially the characters... he, he, he :)

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

there is no link. i made it myself. thx tho. maybe if i'm bored i'll do another one.
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 phpfreak101

phpfreak101
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

man, you got a great idea here, Open Source Comics Strips!!!

make the strips public and people can add ideas until they get something really funny, and then you post the comics for the public to read. How cool would that be?

#6 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:22 AM

lol, open source comics.

#7 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

Scott Adams does something very similar with Dilbert... he asks his readers to send him stories of their experiences at work, and if he finds a good one, he makes a comic out of it.
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#8 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

is that what he used to do, but not anymore, or is that something new he's doing? cuz lately dilbert has been sucking.

#9 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

well, as far as I know, he's been doing it all along, but I'm not sure. He SAYS that's what he does; what actually happens may very well be another thing.

His wife probably writes them now... or a bunch of people! Yeah!

(oh, wait... they already tried that with Shakespeare... dang.)
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users