PHP First Time User Question

pillot1005

I don\'t know how to set up a database for a membership PHP script that I want to put on my website. I read a lot of articles and forums on this site but I still cannot find what I am looking for. This is what has occured on my site since I installed the script through my FTP.

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: \'cdlocal@host.maximahost.us\' (Using password: YES) in /home/cdlocal/public_html/db.php on line 11

Couldn\'t connect to server.

Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I just took the script I found on this site and sent it through my FTP with some modifications where they were needed.

Regards,

Christopher

Hi pillot1005,

The error means that the username that you use is incorrect.

You could use this script to try connecting.

<?php

$ftp_server = "IP-Adress";

$ftp_user = "Your Uername";

$ftp_pass = "Your password";

// set up a connection or die

$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server) or die("Couldn\'t connect to $ftp_server"); 

// try to login

ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user, $ftp_pass) or die ("Wrong username or password");

?>

Hope this helps

Have a nice day

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.