transferring data from ###.kontera.com

AndyB

Using FF, my status window permanently displays a 'transferring data from something.kontera.com' message unless I hover over a link on the page. Is there really data being transferred? What data? Why?

sounds like you have a plugin installed. i went to kontera.com and it's an advertising thing that automatically turns keywords into popup ads.

from the site:
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
A contextually relevant keyword that is discovered [b]in real-time on a web page[/b] from within Kontera´s vast network of publishers, and is automatically turned into a link to the most relevant ad from among Kontera´s thousands of advertisers.
[/quote]

[!--quoteo(post=383081:date=Jun 13 2006, 04:20 AM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ Jun 13 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]383081[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
sounds like you have a plugin installed. i went to kontera.com and it's an advertising thing that automatically turns keywords into popup ads.

from the site:
[/quote]
Kontera is installed on the forums, Crayon Violent, not on his machine. My browser does that too sometimes Andy, although the little processing indicator at the top right doesn't continue to spin... Does that mean that it's no longer actually transfering data and the page has just glitched?

i don't have IE but i get a lot of annoying javascript messages on Firefox so i mostly use Elinks to browse PHPfreaks.

i think it has to do with Ajax in Firefox for linux because I have the same problem when I send attachments via Gmail in Firefox on linux.

Elinks works fine though once you get used to the UI

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.