PHP MYSQL Deployment Issues

SeanHarding

Hi guys n gals.

This is my first post on a forum (ever!), im doing this because I cant find any information related to my problem so I hope you guys can help.

I have developed a website from scratch using numerous books on php and mysql.

The website requires people to create accounts and then login to view our content, i also upload their image during the form.

The problem is, some people create accounts with no problems but others try applying multiple times to no avail.

My script checks that all the information has been entered correctly (no empty columns or mysql injection attempts) uploads the image to my server and then inserts the information into a mysql database. So I have numerous images but no mysql accounts. (I know its not the best way to do things but it works for me!)

Working in Wales I have people applying from London applying with no problems but at the same time im having local people having problems with inserting the data into mysql.

Working with IIS6, MySQL5 and PHP5.

Any information relating to my problems will be greatly appreciated.

Since part of your script is functioning, what does the error checking, error reporting, error logging, and error recovery logic you have in your code tell you about the times it fails?

1001 different people could write an application that is performing the actions you list and have the symptoms you describe, and there could be something different that is wrong in each script. To get any specific help with what your script is doing, you need to post it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.