Populating Information Throughout Session

atwyman

I am developing a site (obviously) anyhoo.

I am building a posting system that takes information from forms and sends it to my database.
The problem is this....I want all forms to have the contact information imbedded in them, but do not want my members to have to keep writing this information in.
I want it to sort of populate into the form when they log into the website.
This way there can be multiple postings with the same users.

//Like this
Name - Populated from Log in
Email Phone - Populated from Log in
Fax - Populated from Log in

//form on the same page

What would you like ? Fill
What do you want ? Fill
How are you today ? Fill

[!--quoteo(post=383241:date=Jun 13 2006, 04:52 AM:name=joquius)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(joquius @ Jun 13 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]383241[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
you need to use sessions to store a user_id, and then retreive the users data from a table withthe list of users, using the stored user_id as reference
[/quote]

So...would it be more of a relative thing..taking the username as the key and using it to populate throughout the site...Is there a tutorial you know of that would walk me through developing a user list and creating sessions (correctly)

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.