Php Header and body changes

DarkReaper

Okay so i have a header of the page which displays some information about the user. Unfortunatelly this header is updated on every click. And the problem is that when i click on the main page for something lets say change my name. On the next page load it will remain the same because the header is displayed before the main body (where the changes take place). So after i reload the page one more time, then i have the updated info. Any ideas how to avoid this?

My first guess was to cache all of the header in a session ... but that failed to workout. Basically i want to process the request first then to display the whole page in 1 piece. Help?! :)

oh got you. just add

header ("location: ".$PHP_SELF); //or something similiar

after each change which requires a refresh. (add it before your html). Wouldn't trust $php_self though, you're better off specifying the page.
if you have already output html, just use

?><script type="text/javascript">location = '<?=$PHP_SELF?>';</script><?

Hm i still think you dont understand me so i will provide maybe a better example:

$_SESSION['username'] by default in our example has a value of "test";

header.php
-------------
echo $_SESSION['username'];
-------------

main.php
-------------
$_SESSION['username'] = 'as;lkd';
-------------

So when i load the page at first i will see the 'test' and after i hit refresh i will see 'as;lkd'

I want to display the new property without refreshing twice. Which will happen if i used the following construction:

$_SESSION['username'] by default in our example has a value of "test";

main.php
-------------
$_SESSION['username'] = 'as;lkd';
-------------

footer.php
-------------
echo $_SESSION['username'];
-------------

As output i will get 'as;lkd', and not 'test' as in the first example.

I hope you understand me now.

well it's impossible to get a value which is set later, you would have to export the var to javascript via var = <?=$phpvar?> and then write that var to the header in a javascript once all the php has loaded (obviously).
Unless you can set the username attribute before any html is sent

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.