try to do . some what like Drop down menu but in HTML form i thinks its caled Co

yanivkalfa

Hey i am trying to make a drop down menu but not exacly like drop down its like the one that comes in form . like list .. you pic item and the item's value been sent on submit -- i thinks its called Combobox but i want to designed it my self and i have no simple idea where to start looking . thanks in advanced ..

have a question do you people ajax / javascrip/ xml / dhtml / are realy realy needed for websiting ? i mean if i realy realy wonna get good at it . sould i learn this as well . PHP/CSS /HTML wont be enough ?.

well it is simply have a pic, i want the pic to be the Combobox . i want that the user logon the site . see a pic clicks on this pic and then choose the list that opens .. and when you click on 1 of the options, the text field i have near it will change with the word inside that options.

main problem is how to make the Combobox looks the way i want it . i'll give you example on how i want it .. go to here: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

there is on the righ side a combobox that looks nice i want to make something that will look nice as well on the same idea . just other look.

and i have no slitest idea how to make it . please any help would be nice thanks in advanced

there is  this ..

<select name="select" id="select">
  <option value="aa">aa</option>
  <option value="sds">sds</option>
  <option value="sdfsa">dfsd</option>
</select>

which i understood is called combobox

and i want to try to make this combobox looks like this menu in this site:http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

click on the languge place and see how this opens the list.

i want something like that just as Combobox or as Jumplist which look like this:

<form name="form" id="form">
  <select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option value="a">item1</option>
    <option value="s">item2</option>
    <option value="a">item3</option>
    </select>
</form>

and i dont know how its exactly working . though i know what it does ..

you basicaly pick 1 of the options and some other variable changes .. like text field or something like that..

anyways i hope i am a bit mroe clear now .

The irony is that you spelled grammar[/br] wrong!

Lol that is ironic. I didn't see "grammar" in the list even though it is.

which i understood is called combobox

and i want to try to make this combobox looks like this menu in this site:http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

click on the languge place and see how this opens the list.

That's done with Flash not HTML and CSS.

Well if its only flash to do so. i have something else i would like to know

<form name="form" id="form">
  <select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option value="a">item1</option>
    <option value="s">item2</option>
    <option value="a">item3</option>
    </select>
</form>

this is the HTMl thingy for Jump meu .. its when you have some options and a text field or a window and when you click on 1 o the Options this text field/window changes acording to your choise i thinks it has some java scripts in it but dont know . how its done . thanks in advanced

Please do clarify how exactly I'm mistaken? If that is the case, it's due to your poor explanations and descriptions.

If you're asking for help on something specific, state it as clearly as you can, with a description on what you want and what you're trying to achieve. Thank you.

As a matter of elaboration, they're both "select" box elements. A "jump" box as you so describe is just a select box with some JavaScript implemented into it.

Now please, explain as best you can what you want, and what you're trying to achieve.

First of all thanks for trying to help me .

i will try to explain as simple as i can and as clear as i can

go visit this links for a secs :http://www.webapplikations.com/pages/html_js/forms/DropDownShowSelectionInTextField.html

it has exactly what i want

i mean .. i have select box (or jump box ) and a text field when i select 1 of the options from the select box .. the text field get the values that inside the jumpbox .

i dont know how clearer i could be mate . realy trying :-)

The box on that site is definitely flash. It would be pretty hard to recreate it with HTML, CSS and Javascript. It could be done, but why bother - it would be choppy and would take ten times the amount of time to do with HTML/CSS/Javascript as it would take with flash, and probably wouldn't be as good.

You can create similar effects using javascript if you don't care about the background image on the drop down menu. They will slide out in the same way, but they will just be boxes with borders. Google 'suckerfish dropdown menus' and you should find what you want.

edit: I see you just posted another example. That's fairly easy. Create an onclick listener on the select menu, so that when it is clicked it reads in the value that has been selected. Then use document.getElementById to get the text field, and insert that value into the text field.

mate thanks . problem is i realy have no idea what so ever about Javascrip i know i sould learn it . i basicaly more into CSS / PHP and HTML corrently soon it will be ajax / and JS and maybe dhtml wel if theres any ways you give me example of how this thingy works i will kiss you .

I'm sorry, I'm more than happy to help people with code they are having troubles with, but I write code for money all day, so I don't really want to do it for free at home. You could try the freelance section, you should be able to find someone who will do it cheaply for you.

• 2 weeks later...

It really seemed like you were asking a different question, earlier. This will work just like that example site.

<select onchange="txt1.value = this.value;">
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3">3</option>
</select>
<input id="txt1" type="text">

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.