sql errors in command line nightmare

mojito

Dear fellow freaks

I want simply to backup a database of about 3Mb using phpmyadmin fails, cant work out why, so i turn to putty and command line.

using every single thing i can think of i keep getting "there is an error in your syntax at line 1" i have tried everything i can think of.

What would be a foolproof string to type in if im logged in and already in mysql->

I realised i need the comma at the end of each line, now why is that not expalined in the documentation (mysql.com) ? are we like just supposed to know mysql??

I tried [code]mysqldump --tab=/usr/home/dfrty/www/htdocs/backup[/code]

it cant be any easier so why is it telling me there si syntax error?

grrrrr [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/excl.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":excl:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"excl.gif\" /]

I just found out there is BLOB data and this is why its so large. Im tempted to try to find the actual file in the db and just copy that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.