3 replies to this topic

#1 joquius

joquius
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:39 PM

I like php. Yes I have to admit I admire the way it gives errors and is solvable.
I hate html however. No I can't admire a language which takes at random either % as a percentage of the page or as a percentage of the table it's within. differenciating on each refresh.

In any case, at some point, these must be integrated; And for the sake of not making a mess, I would like to have some sort of template system. Now I can never work this out. For instance a forum script:
I would need the script for each line, for the frame and the window to be entirely seperate in different files. Then I need the variables to be outputted from the db in a certain manner, I can never figure it out.

So has anyone here worked with php and html templates, having php and html completely seperate (oh I wish it was within my realm of knowledge), in a way that the html can be swapped in a, let us say, "civilized" manner?
z..z..z..z..z..z..z..z..

#2 Caesar

Caesar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

I've created a couple of PHP based Template/CMS sites.

However, I'm not exactly clear on what it is you're asking. Maybe we need a little more information as to what your goal is with the script...in terms of functionality (Eg. "I want users to be able to edit the html via a template system").
PHP Ninja

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:40 AM

yeah you're gonna have to be more specific. there are many ways you can minimize mixing the two, but there is no way to 'completely' seperate the two.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 joquius

joquius
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:43 AM

well my goal is not for any CMS or any compatable system, just for the sake of clean code I would like to separate html and php in a way where I would simply have the html files as includes. The problem with this is that all my html is full of <? if () ?> and escaping to php. Any ideas? How would you avoid using if queries within a html template?
z..z..z..z..z..z..z..z..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users