Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Space Cowboy

code needed for clock countdown script

OK, im trying to get working a countdown clock for a kind of game im doing.

Basically I need the clock to have only minutes and seconds, and it counts down from say 10 minutes from whenever the user enters the site.

I understand this may need to be java script as I want people to actually see the minutes and seconds tick away.

When the time is up, I need the page to be re-directed to a new page which will state that their time is up- game over etc

As this game spans over 48 web pages, the clock obviously needs to carry forward its time (minutes remaining) over to each page.

Ideally I would like the 'clock/timer' to float at the top of each screen (perhaps with CSS?).

Can anyone help with this?

Yes, this is a javascript question and there is an entire forum dedicated to javascript questions.

I cant see where any of that would use php.

Yes you can javascript for all of what you want to do. But to keep the clock counting down you'll probably want to have a frameset so one frame has the counter and the other has the game.

Or just have the game in an iframe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.