ajax, javascript and mysql

php_b34st

I have a players database with over 1000 entries in it a user has to pick 11 of these players to form their team this script checks the db and gets all the info out for the playercode they enter once i have done all the calculations and approved the team I will add the playercodes into the teams database.

No sorry I do not have the hosting yet and am just working from localhost

How were you planning to approve the team?

Would a person be doing it or would it be based off player stats?

If it was based off player stats I would do it PHP side and make a code to the effect of

if ( APPROVED ) {
echo '<input type="submit">';
}
else {
echo '<input type="button" onclick="notApproved($reason)">';
}

and then have a button on the main form that has the effect of sending all the players to the PHP file for checking and display.

If they mess up the first button would still be there so they could try again. And if they didn't they could click on the submit button.

If it wasn't approved they would have a button to check why. You could store the non-approval reasons on the JavaScript side or have it retrieve them somehow.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.