social networking site

teng84

ahh found it :)

this one was posted on these forums ages ago. had a look and isn't too shabby, but it's been a long while since i've looked at it...

http://www.phpizabi.net/

failing that, many full-blown CMS's like Joomla come with all sorts of "social plugins" now, so you might want to take a look over there, too.

ahh found it :)

this one was posted on these forums ages ago. had a look and isn't too shabby, but it's been a long while since i've looked at it...

http://www.phpizabi.net/

failing that, many full-blown CMS's like Joomla come with all sorts of "social plugins" now, so you might want to take a look over there, too.

thanks bro...

BUT wait do you think better to use this than starting from scratch?

that all depends on you. do you have your core requirements already planned out? if so, then simply try it and see if it does what you want out of the box, or with mods. if not, then try another one like Joomla. Whilst I don't like Joomla, it does have a big support network and tonnes of mods, plus plenty of docs detailing how to write your own mods.

if all of these don't really match your requirements, then if your application "core" is very simple, you might be good to roll it yourself (maybe with the aid of a general web dev framework) and grow it organically.

that all depends on you. do you have your core requirements already planned out? if so, then simply try it and see if it does what you want out of the box, or with mods. if not, then try another one like Joomla. Whilst I don't like Joomla, it does have a big support network and tonnes of mods, plus plenty of docs detailing how to write your own mods.

if all of these don't really match your requirements, then if your application "core" is very simple, you might be good to roll it yourself (maybe with the aid of a general web dev framework) and grow it organically.

then ill use pre made sofware and modify it or replace the whole system little by little "sigh" 

thanks heaps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.