Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnnyk

exit

So here's what I got:

[code]<?php
if(isset($_POST['a'])){
     if(empty($_POST['a'])){
        echo 'a is empty';
        exit;
     }
     echo 'yada yada yada';
}else{
   echo 'blah blah blah';
}

echo 'not in conditional';
?>
</body></html>[/code]

What's happening is that if a set but is empty, "a is empty" is echoed, but the page is completely blank after that. When a is set (and not empty), I want "yada yada yada", "not in conditional" and "</body></html>" to all be printed (that works as it is now). When a is set but empty, I want only "a is empty", "not in conditional" and "</body></html>" to be printed. I know I could just add "not in conditional" and "</body></html>" to the TRUE and FALSE of the main conditional, but is there an easier way?

exit() does as it claims. Why are you making this so elaberate?

exit will stop PHP from ruinning any code past the point you place the exit function, therefor nothing is outputted when you echo "a is empty".

So is there a way to stop the script just from executing the parent conditional but printing everything else?

You'll want do this:
[code]<?php
if(isset($_POST['a']))
{
     if(empty($_POST['a']))
    {
        echo 'a is empty';
    }
    else
    {
        echo 'yada yada yada';
    }
}
else
{
   echo 'blah blah blah';
}

echo 'not in conditional';
?>
</body></html>[/code]

That's the only way to do it? Just wondering cause I always indent my conditionals and the bulk of the code would be in the first }else{ (where the "yada yada yada" is), which would make the code a little harder to read/write

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.