• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nawhaley2265

nawhaley2265
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get IIS to do one of two things 1) Display the syntax error messages on the php page itself or 2) make a log file with the errors that occured loading a page on it. The second option is more preferable since it lets me view just the log then fix the syntax errors I have without having to turn it off when I'm done so the end user dosent see it. However I can't seem to get it configured properly in the php.ini file does anyone have a set of instructions on how to do this?

#2 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

The php.ini is pretty well commented in this area, however, I think you'll find most syntax errors are actually just warnings.

#3 nawhaley2265

nawhaley2265
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

[!--quoteo(post=384228:date=Jun 15 2006, 10:47 AM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ Jun 15 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The php.ini is pretty well commented in this area, however, I think you'll find most syntax errors are actually just warnings.
[/quote]

yeah I just got it working and its not liking my odbc connection to my database for some reason it keeps saying its not configured properly which is striking me as odd. Thanks for the response by the way and yeah I know its mostly warnings but they help me debug my code anyway :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users