6 replies to this topic

#1 dptr1988

dptr1988
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:17 AM

On the left side of the post where the user iformation is displayed (name, # of posts, etc..) at the bottom, it says "Warn: (0%)" and then 5 bars after it. What does that mean?

Thanks

Need more help with your project? One of the thousands of programmers, web designers or artists at <a href="http://www.rentacode...d_6764522">Rent A Coder</a> would be happy to help.

Disclaimer: Free advice is usually worth what you paid for it. ( or at least when it's coming from me! )

#2 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:02 AM

If you do something inappropriate or against the forum guidelines, us admins and the moderators can increase your warning level. Once you get to 100%, it's an automatic ban.

Info: PHP Manual

#3 dptr1988

dptr1988
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:45 PM

So I guess that 'Warn (0%)' means I'm ok.

Thanks

Need more help with your project? One of the thousands of programmers, web designers or artists at <a href="http://www.rentacode...d_6764522">Rent A Coder</a> would be happy to help.

Disclaimer: Free advice is usually worth what you paid for it. ( or at least when it's coming from me! )

#4 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

Correct. You'll know when your warn level gets increased as you'll get a PM/email with a reason why your warn level has been increased, this will only happen is break one of the forum rules.

#5 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

so if you get warns, is it permanent or does the level go down automatically after a certain amount of time? same thing if you get to 100%: if you get auto banned by reaching 100% warning level, do you stay banned forever or will it eventually go down to say 90% and therefore you can log back in?
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#6 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

When your warn level is increased it will never go down automatically unless and admin/mod reduces your warn level. This will most probably happen when you are helping out in the community.

I know when you get 100% warn level you are automatically banned. I dont know if this perment, which its most likely is, or whether its temporay. But its the admins decission whether you will be unbanned or not.

#7 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

futhermore, an admin or mod can now ban you from posting forever or for a number of days or moderate your post even if you have a 10% warn level. new features us admins added to the warn table thingy so the mods can have a bit more control over members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users