Issue with exporting from Photoshop to html

tomfmason

I purchased numerous templates and after much fumbling I have a combanation that I realy like. The only problem is that when I try to publish to html I get one large jpg image. I would rather have the slices as seperate jpgs. Any suggestions on how to sepperate the slices when publishing for the web would be great. I have both photoshop 7.0 and image ready 7.0 .

Thanks,

Do not quote me on this...lol...but if I remember correctly, I think it is in Image Ready that you can tell it do the slicing and have it create the html to pull it all together. You should not have to manually do that.

You should be able to open the original psd in Photoshop, then under File -> Menu, take it right into Image Ready.

Hope that helps!

Photoshop/Image ready should automatically detect that you are using slices and when you got to save it should bring up the normal save dialog box but it should only give you three or four options for the save type when you got to save.

I haven't worked in PS 7 in a long time, but it has the same tool for slicing comps.

You need to create slices using the slice tool (these will be saved as images in table cells)

[center][img]http://www.nogray.com/slice.gif[/img][/center]

The click on File->Save for Web

Optimize the images and click save.

That should do it.

• 9 months later...
Hey, I have a site I created from scratch in ADOBE CS2, now in PSD format I have it sliced and saved it as html web ready but how do I do the button links? It is one big image when I open it. I have a drop down and 4 links(Home page, About Us, Products, Contact Us)

I did try slicing out the buttons but this did not work, can someone please help me out on this.

Thanks

[quote author=tim_ver link=topic=96037.msg566865#msg566865 date=1175747533]
Hey, I have a site I created from scratch in ADOBE CS2, now in PSD format I have it sliced and saved it as html web ready but how do I do the button links? It is one big image when I open it. I have a drop down and 4 links(Home page, About Us, Products, Contact Us)

I did try slicing out the buttons but this did not work, can someone please help me out on this.

Thanks
[/quote]

Why do you ask for help in other people's topics? Create your own...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.